Cloud Computing Made Easy®
Register for the upcoming webinars or watch the recordings of the past webinars.
- 1 Upcoming Webinars
- 2 Recordings of Past Webinars
- 2.1 Porting Applications Across Cloud Providers and Regions
- 2.2 Private-Labeling of Kaavo IMOD for Cloud Management
- 2.3 Tracking Infrastructure Costs for Cloud Applications
- 2.4 Support for reusable Actions and Chef in Kaavo IMOD
- 2.5 Overview of new features in Kaavo IMOD version 3.8
- 2.6 Creating Kaavo System Definition for Managing Custom Apps on the Cloud
- 2.7 Kaavo Quickstart - Automate Deployment and Management of Applications in the Cloud
- 2.8 Webinar on Using Kaavo IMOD Virtual Appliance on the IBM Cloud
- 2.9 Automatic Data Processing at Scheduled Intervals in the Cloud using Hadoop and Kaavo IMOD
- 2.10 IMOD Security Framework for Role based Cloud Management
- 2.11 Reduce Costs and Maximize Efficiency with Virtual Test Lab Automation
- 2.12 How to deploy a fully-managed cloud computing solution using your current IT infrastructure
- 2.13 Cloud Testing Made Easy with CapCal and Kaavo
- 2.14 Publishing and Sharing Best Practice Cloud Deployments
- 2.15 Using Kaavo IMOD for Beginners
- 2.16 Using Kaavo Web Services Overview
- 2.17 Kaavo Customer Success Story
- 2.18 Deploying and Managing Gluster
- 2.19 Deploying and Managing Cassandra
- 2.20 Terremark Integration
- 3 Additional Demos & Tutorials
Recordings of Past Webinars
Porting Applications Across Cloud Providers and Regions
One of the major challenges in porting applications and services across cloud providers is that at present there are significant differences in service level, server types, etc. among cloud providers. In this webinar Joydeep Biswas from Kaavo provided an overview of how to easily port applications to different cloud providers or to different cloud regions of the same provider using Kaavo IMOD. Recorded on Dec 14, 2012. Download/view recording in wmv format or Download/view recording in mp4 format
Private-Labeling of Kaavo IMOD for Cloud Management
In this short webinar Sukanta Saha from Kaavo demonstrated how to customize the private deployment of Kaavo IMOD. Starting version 4.3, administrators can now easily private label their own instance of Kaavo IMOD. This feature is especially useful for cloud service providers who want to leverage Kaavo's patented cloud management technology for managing cloud applications for their customers. Recorded on October 25, 2012. Download/view recording in MP4 format
Tracking Infrastructure Costs for Cloud Applications
In this 25 minute webinar Joydeep Biswas from Kaavo gave a quick overview of how to track total infrastructure costs for cloud applications using Kaavo IMOD. In addition Sukanta Saha from Kaavo provided a quick overview of the new UI we released for configuring Eucalyptus servers in Kaavo IMOD 4.2. Recorded on August 28, 2012. Download/view recording in MP4 format
Support for reusable Actions and Chef in Kaavo IMOD
In this 30 minute webinar Joydeep Biswas of Kaavo gave a quick overview of how to publish, share, and reuse actions. He also gave an overview of how to use Chef Solo and Hosted Chef with Kaavo IMOD. Recorded on May 3, 2012. Download/view recording in MP4 format
Overview of new features in Kaavo IMOD version 3.8
In this brief webinar Sukanta Saha of Kaavo provides a quick overview of new features in Kaavo IMOD version 3.8. He also provides an overview of how to use the new Design and Manage sections released in this version of Kaavo IMOD. Recorded on March 8, 2012. Download/Watch in MP4 format
Creating Kaavo System Definition for Managing Custom Apps on the Cloud
- 30-minute webinar recorded on October 27, 2011 at 12:30pm US Eastern Time: In this 30-minute webinar Somnath Ghosh, a member of Kaavo IMOD core development team, covers the steps needed to create a Kaavo System Definition template for fully automating the deployment and run-time management of custom applications on the Cloud (IaaS). Kaavo takes a top down application centric approach to Cloud management, the approach simplifies the creation and sharing of complex configurations and multi-server/n-tier deployments using a single system definition file. This standardizes application deployment and provides a consistent environment for development, testing, and production.
Kaavo Quickstart - Automate Deployment and Management of Applications in the Cloud
- 30 minute webinar recorded on June 15, 2011 at 12:30pm US Eastern Time: In this 30-minute webinar Sam Somashekar, VP of Marketing and Business Development at Kaavo, demostrated how users can use Kaavo IMOD to easily standardize and automate the deployment and run-time service level management of their applications in the cloud.
Webinar on Using Kaavo IMOD Virtual Appliance on the IBM Cloud
- 5 min Webinar, recorded on April 6, 2011 at 11:30am US Eastern Time In this webinar Sukanta Saha from Kaavo demonstrated how to use IMOD virtual appliance on the IBM Cloud for deploying and managing applications on public, private, and hybrid clouds. Note: The virtual appliance for the IBM cloud is a single server appliance and is provided for trial use only. Please contact us if you want to host your own instance of IMOD in production for public, private, or hybrid cloud management.
Automatic Data Processing at Scheduled Intervals in the Cloud using Hadoop and Kaavo IMOD
- Recorded on March 2, 2011 at 11am US ESTIn this 15 minute webinar, Sukanta Saha from Kaavo demonstrates the use of Kaavo IMOD to automatically setup a Hadoop cluster in the cloud to process data at scheduled time intervals. After the data is processed, IMOD engine tears-down the Hadoop setup and return the resources to the cloud.
IMOD Security Framework for Role based Cloud Management
- Recorded on Feb 2, 2011. In this thirty minute webinar Joydeep Biswas, senior software developer at Kaavo, demonstrated how using Kaavo IMOD security framework administrators can have fine-grained control to specify operations for each system and cloud accounts for any user in their organization.
Reduce Costs and Maximize Efficiency with Virtual Test Lab Automation
- Recorded on Jan 25, 2011. In this thirty minute webinar Brian Anderson, Director of Product Management at CapCal, shows how CapCal’s CloudLab combined with Kaavo takes testing to next level by providing a single automation platform for managing dozens of virtualized testing environments.
How to deploy a fully-managed cloud computing solution using your current IT infrastructure
- Recorded on December 15, 2010. This webinar covers, how to deliver a fully-managed, end-to-end private cloud solution utilizing your organization's current data center resources, with very little reconfiguration. The technology solution discussed focuses on the integration of Kaavo's Application and Workload management solution with the Eucalyptus private cloud platform. Includes a live demonstration of the Kaavo-Eucalyptus solution, followed by a live Q&A session with the subject matter experts.
Cloud Testing Made Easy with CapCal and Kaavo
- Recorded on December 9, 2010 at 11:30am US Eastern Time. In this 20-minute webinar, Randy Hayes, founder of CapCal showed Kaavo doing double duty – deploying and managing both a 3 tier web farm and a CapCal agent farm. He also demostrated how application under test and the application doing the testing can be viewed and managed via the same interface and the build, test and deploy cycle is hugely accelerated.
Publishing and Sharing Best Practice Cloud Deployments
- Publishing & Sharing System Definition Templates. Webinar on how to publish and share best practice cloud deployments using Kaavo IMOD. This is especially helpful to developers, ISVs, Managed Hosting providers, and Enterprise customers interested in standardizing their PaaS, SaaS, or application deployments. 25 minutes. Recorded on October 14, 2010.
Using Kaavo IMOD for Beginners
- IMOD Training Session for Beginners. One hour webinar on using Kaavo IMOD. 1 hour. Recorded on June 17, 2010.
Using Kaavo Web Services Overview
- Kaavo Web Services Overview. One hour webinar for developers on using Kaavo Web Services. 1 hour. Recorded on June 9, 2010.
Kaavo Customer Success Story
- Deploying and Managing Complex Mission Critical Apps in the Cloud SellPoint's CTO Sudhir Kulkarni provides details on how they are using AWS and Kaavo for running & managing a complex custom SaaS application that is handling more than 4 million hits per day. 35 minutes. Recorded on November 12, 2009.
Deploying and Managing Gluster
- Deployment and Management of Gluster on EC2 GlusterFS (a cluster file-system) is a powerful solution for storing and serving large unstructured data in the clouds. For more information on Gluster visit http://www.gluster.org. 25 minutes. Recorded on July 22, 2010. Note, although example is for EC2, the system definition can be easily edited to deploy Gluster on other supported clouds by Kaavo.
Deploying and Managing Cassandra
- Deployment and Management of Cassandra NoSQL DB on EC2 Apache Cassandra is a highly scalable, eventually consistent, distributed, structured key-value store. Cassandra brings together the distributed systems technologies from Dynamo and the data model from Google's BigTable. 25 minutes webinar, recorded on October 1, 2010. Note, although example is for EC2, the system definition can be easily edited to deploy Cassandra on other supported clouds by Kaavo. For more info on Cassandra visit http://cassandra.apache.org.
- Deploying and Managing Applications on Terremark Cloud using Kaavo IMOD. 1 hour. Recorded on August 26, 2010. Covers detailed steps for creating System Definition from scratch using the UI Wizard for deploying and managing applications in the cloud.
Additional Demos & Tutorials
Please visit Kaavo YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/kaavoinfo