Cloud Computing Made Easy®
Guides and Tutorials
First Time Users (Quick Start)
- Before starting using IMOD for managing your application in the cloud, you need to setup Cloud Providers (Infrastructure as a Service Providers) you want to use within IMOD. Currently we support the following public and private clouds
- After setting up the cloud providers you are ready to start using the IMOD. Following are some tutorials and instructions for using IMOD.
- 30-min webinar on Creating Kaavo System Definition for Deploying and Managing Custom Apps on the Cloud. Also refer to N-Tier System Definition Guide for deeper understanding of Kaavo System Definition File.
- Kaavo Web Services. Guide for using Kaavo Web Services for deploying and managing workloads in the public, private, and hybrid clouds.
- Enable application-centric cloud management. IBM Developerworks article covering steps to automate application and workload deployment and management.
Video Demos and Video Tutorials
- Overall Cloud Solution and Ecosystem (4.5 minute video). For Higher Resolution Click Here
- High Level Value Proposition for Kaavo IMOD(3.5 minute video) For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- Deploy, Manage, and Meter Custom Apps, SaaS, and PaaS Solutions on HP Cloud Services (3 minute video) For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- High Level Technical Overview of IMOD Engine and the System Definition File used by Kaavo's IMOD (5 minute video) For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- Tutorial of the online IMOD UI Wizard for Simplifying Complex Deployments (6 minute video) For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- High Level Overview of Benefits and Challenges of Cloud Computing(4 minute video). For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- Overview of deploying and managing applications on Rackspace using IMOD(6 minute video). For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- Overview of deploying and managing applications on EC2 using IMOD(6 minute video). There is no sound in this video please checkout the subtitles for additional info.
- Overview of IBM Cloud Support in IMOD (5 minute). For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
- Overview of Eucalyptus Cloud Support in IMOD(5 minute). For Higher Resolution Video Click Here
Note: All videos are closed captioned, subtitles can be viewed in 45+ languages.
Using Custom Images with IMOD
Kaavo provides some custom images which already have monitoring and encryption agents installed on them, however, quite often users want to use their own custom images and OS flavors for running their applications in the cloud. In addition to monitoring and encryption agents, if you want manage Windows sever using IMOD you need to make sure that SSH support is installed on your Windows server as IMOD interacts with your servers over SSH. Linux servers usually comes with SSH support so no need to install the SSH agent on your servers. Please follow the instructions below to configure your custom images to be managed by IMOD.
- Instructions for installing monitoring agents for IMOD on custom servers/images all Operating Systems. Install if you need monitoring
- Instructions for installing SSH support on Windows. Required for managing Windows servers using IMOD.
- Instructions for installing Encryption Agent on custom servers/images all Operating Systems. Install if you need to encrypt data stored in the cloud